GET IN TOUCH
Start by finding out more about our company and meeting one of our experienced design consultants. Most of our customers find us via:
- Visiting one of our show homes
- Viewing our website and making an online enquiry
- Making a phone call to one of our consultants
- Walking into our main office to see our plans and talking to a consultant
TALK TO US
Once you’ve decided to discuss your individual needs with one of our Design Consultants, they will guide you through the process.
We will talk to you about:
- Your unique requirements
- Your budget
- Where you want to build
- How you envision living in your new home
- The style and size of house you want to build
- Any other specific requirements you might have
We can assist you in finding a section, and offer information and assistance about building in subdivisions around Canterbury.
After we have an understanding of your unique needs it is time to look at home designs.
Able to work from our Concept Plans or create a bespoke design to suit, we begin by creating a scheme plan — a bird’s eye view of how your dream home could work on site. This typically takes a week.
With a scheme plan and an idea of cost to build, you are then equipped to move forward.
When you have made the decision to build with Benchmark Homes we can dive deeper into the design process and work with you on perfecting the detail.
OUR DESIGN PROCESS
- Usually takes between one to three weeks, depending on the number of changes made and/or the complexity of the design
- During this phase, your Design Consultant will develop a specifcation with you to enable accurate pricing to be provided
ESTIMATING YOUR BUILD PRICE
It takes approximately two weeks for your house to be priced, once your plans and specification are complete.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- You will be presented with contract documents for review with completed price information
- Once you are happy with the price and paperwork, the contract must be signed so the plans can progress to working drawings (permit-ready plans) for council submission